Administrateurs : dionyshiva75

FORUM DES ETUDIANTS EN PHILOSOPHIE DE PARIS 4  Etudes  Philosophie Licence 1 

Sony PMW-EX3 to Avid Media Composer Workflow

Nouveau sujet   Répondre

Bas de pagePages : 1  
lauralily520
Membre
322 messages postés
   Posté le 07-12-2014 à 10:01:27   Voir le profil de lauralily520 (Offline)   Répondre à ce message   Envoyer un message privé à lauralily520   

[size="4"]Facing problems when importing and editing Sony PMW-EX3 XDCAM EX MP4 files in Avid? Here you will find the best solution by transcoding Sony PMW-EX3 MP4 files to Avid DNxHD f[/size]or Avid Media Composer.

Got the Sony PMW EX3 and I am loving it. When I want to edit my footage, problems occurred. I have Final Cut Studio 1 which is apparently incompatible with the SxS cards. I'm looking to make the jump to Avid Media Composer, but am unsure if it supports SxS Technology. Can anybody enlighten me how can I [b]import Sony EX3 XDCAM into Avid MC[/b]? Go through the relevant forum, I conclude two solutions. If you are also in the situation, check the page and decide a solution you prefer.

[b]Solution 1: Use Sony Clip Brower to transfer Sony EX3 MP4 to MXF[/b]

You can use the Sony clip-browser software to export Sony EX3 original MP4 files as a .mxf for NLE. It's free on their website. This will convert the EX footage to a .mxf, which'll go directly into Avid.

[b]Important Note:[/b] This EX MP4 to MXF transferring is relatively time-consuming. Plus, before start the conversion, you’d backup your files, or you can’t take your original XDCAM footage back. What’s even worse, based on my own experience, MXF is still not the most compatible format for Avid Media Composer.

[b]Solution 2: Use a EX XDCAM converter to convert Sony EX3 MP4 to DNxHD[/b]

Since Avid Media Composer natively supported video format is Avid DNxHD, thus, a better solution is to transcode Sony PMW-EX3 MP4 to Avid DNxHD with this professional XDCAM to Avid DNxHD Converter. The quick workaround is to use an easy-to-use yet professional application [b]Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac[/b].

The MP4 to Avid Converter for Mac comes with an optimized format preset for Avid editing software. With it, you can transcode raw XDCAM footage to MEPG-2 for using in Adobe Premiere Pro directly. If you are on Windows, Video Converter is for you. Just download it and follow the tutorial below guide to achieve your goal.

[b]Guide: Converting Sony PMW-EX3 XDCAM to edit in Avid Media Composer[/b]

[b]1.[/b] Launch the Sony XDCAM Converter, you can click "Add Video" button (or "Add from folder" to load source files from PMW-EX3. Convert supports batch conversion, so you are allowed to add multiple files to convert at a time.

[b]2.[/b] Click "Format" bar to select Avid Media Composer->Avid DNxHD(*.mov) as the best video format for editing Sony EX3 footage in Avid with good video quality.

[b]3.[/b] Adjust the video and audio parameters, including the Bitrate of Video&Audio, Video Size, Sample Rate, Frame Rate, Audio Channels, etc., by clicking the Settings button on the main interface for getting the best quality.

[b]4.[/b] Click the convert button to start transcoding Sony EX3 XDCAM MP4 for Avid Media Composer.

After the process completes, click "Open" button to find the generated videos, and then you can transfer the recordings to Avid Media Composer 4/5/6/7 easily and quickly.

[b]Editor’s Note:[/b] I’ve shared two ways to open and edit Sony PMW-EX3 footage in Avid MC. Personally I prefer the second solution as it can ensure a native workflow in Avid.

[b]More Guides:[/b]

Vegas HOW TO import the MKV files
Convert and edit MP4 video files in Sony Vegas
Sony PMW-300 to Adobe Premiere Pro CC Workflow
How to Get Avid work with Sony PXW-X500 XAVC files
How Can I Convert Sony PMW-300 XDCAM MXF to FCP
Working Sony EX3 XDCAM EX MP4 video in Premiere Pro
Sony XDCAM EX3 MP4 videos to After Effects successfully import
Source:Use a EX XDCAM converter to convert Sony EX3 MP4 to DNxHD

--------------------
http://camcorder-assistant.over-blog.com
Haut de pagePages : 1  

FORUM DES ETUDIANTS EN PHILOSOPHIE DE PARIS 4  Etudes  Philosophie Licence 1  Sony PMW-EX3 to Avid Media Composer WorkflowNouveau sujet   Répondre

Identification rapide :         

Divers
Imprimer ce sujet
Aller à :   

créer forum