FORUM DES ETUDIANTS EN PHILOSOPHIE DE PARIS 4
Administrateurs : dionyshiva75

FORUM DES ETUDIANTS EN PHILOSOPHIE DE PARIS 4  Etudes  Philosophie Licence 1 

How to use MKV on iMovie 10.0.6(Yosemite)

Nouveau sujet   Répondre

Bas de pagePages : 1  
lauralily520
Membre
322 messages postés
   Posté le 19-12-2014 à 10:39:30   Voir le profil de lauralily520 (Offline)   Répondre à ce message   Envoyer un message privé à lauralily520   

[size="4"]You may want to import 1080P/720P HD MKV to iMovie to edit the MKV movies in OS X Yosemite 10.10. However, iMovie does not support MKV importing. Fortunately, there is an easy way to fix this issue. Let's find it out here. Learn to use MKV on iMovie. [/size]

We usually saw iMovie users encounter importing issues when attempting to edit 1080p/720p HD MKV files with iMovie 8/9/10. Let's see some frequently asked questions on this.

[b]Q1:[/b] Can iMovie edit MKV movie files in OS X Yosemite 10.10?

“I have a 1080p MKV file I want to get into mac for edting in OS X Yosemite 10.10 . I know MKV won't work in iMove and that it needs to be converted to something friendlier like Apple InterMediate Codec(AIC). Right now I'm converting the MKV using Perian in Quicktime but it's taking an extremely long time: it's been 15 hours and it's only halfway through. I was wondering if there was something like that available for MKV files so I don't have to re-encode. Any suggestions?”

[b]Q2:[/b] how I can use mkv video in iMovie 10 ?

I've some videos in .mkv extension and i'd like to edit some scene in iMovie studio.
Is it possible? How to?

As we all know, MKV (Matroska Video), as an open and free container format is not so compatible with NLEs including iMovie, though it is able to keep diverse video, audio, and subtitle components in just one file and has ability to let users enjoy high definition videos at home easily. Since MKV is not supported by iMovie natively, we need to convert MKV to iMovie friendly codec, like AIC (Apple InterMediate Codec) with a powerful third party program.

According to other users' experience and my own testing, [b]Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac[/b] is highly recommended here which can achieve your goal for transcoding MKV to AIC MOV for iMovie editing without quality loss. Besides iMovie, this ideal tool offers some professional codecs for other NLEs on Mac, like Apple ProRes for FCP, DNxHD for Avid, MPEG-2 for Premiere and so on. With it, you will never be worried about the incompatibility problems between common videos and NLEs. Now, download the software on Mac, and follow the guide below to start conversion.

[b]How to Import MKV files into iMovie without any issue[/b]

[b]Step 1.[/b] Drag MKV files to the program directly. Or go to the "File" menu, choose "Add Video" to locate the MKV files you want to add. You can add several files to do batch conversion.

[b]Step 2.[/b] You can choose iMovie/FCE --> Apple InterMediate Codec(AIC) (*.mov) as the output format. The output format is designed for iMovie 11/iMovie 09/iMovie 08 specially.

[b]Tip:[/b] You are provided to adjust parameters including audio& video bitrate, frame rate, channel, codec .ect in "Settings" profile before conversion.

[b]Step 3.[/b] Tap "Convert" button to start MKV to AIC MOV conversion on Mac.

After the conversion, you can get the encoded videos via "Open" panel and then launch iMovie,choose File > Import > Movies…, to import the converted MKV video into iMovie.

[b]Read More:[/b]
Adding AVI video files into iTunes 11 library
Edit and Transfer Nikon 1 V3 MOV files in FCP 7/X
Can Premiere Elements ingest DivX/Xvid video files?
Edit Canon XF105 MXF files in Premiere CC/CS6/CS5
Canon XF305 and FCP- Edit XF305 MXF clips in FCP X
Import Nikon D3200 Videos to FCP with Apple ProRescodec
Resolved Issue with Nikon D7100/D7000 .MOV ifles with FCP
Rewrap Canon C300 MXF to MPG/MOV/WMV for using in Premiere
Source:How to Import MKV files into iMovie without any issue

--------------------
http://camcorder-assistant.over-blog.com
Haut de pagePages : 1  

FORUM DES ETUDIANTS EN PHILOSOPHIE DE PARIS 4  Etudes  Philosophie Licence 1  How to use MKV on iMovie 10.0.6(Yosemite)Nouveau sujet   Répondre

Identification rapide :         

Divers
Imprimer ce sujet
Aller à :   

créer forum